West Point Faculty Development
This academic program is only for commissioned officers currently serving in the United States Army and approved by The United States Military Academy at West Point officials.
A highly specialized, intensive one-year M.S. track in Kinesiology, with an emphasis in West Point Faculty Development, on advanced, pragmatic training for Army Officers intending to join the West Point teaching faculty in their physical education and training program.
United States Army Officers that attend Texas A&M University will experience a diverse graduate curriculum which includes, but is not limited to, the following state-of-the-art educational opportunities: training in the physiological, metabolic, and mechanical response to exercise, extreme environments (e.g., heat, altitude), sports nutrition, adaptations that occur with physical training, pedagogy teaching methodologies, health education foundations and risks, dynamic program training designs, as well as specialized strength and conditioning strategies.
In order to optimize and take full advantage of this unique experience, successful applicants are expected to have relevant field experience in the US Army as officers, as well as suggested recommendations regarding academic competencies in a cluster of the following areas of didactic science training: Chemistry, Biology or Biomechanics, or Anatomy & Physiology.
We will only review COMPLETE applications. A COMPLETE application includes:
- GraduateCAS application
- Transcripts from all institutions of higher education that you have attended
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one must be from a prior professor who can attest to your academic abilities)
- Statement of purpose
- Your current resume
Degrees Offered: Master of Science in Kinesiology
Credit Hours: 37
This academic program is only for commissioned officers currently serving in the United States Army and Approved by West Point Officials. A highly specialized, intensive one-year M.S. track in Kinesiology, with an emphasis in West Point Faculty DevelopmentTuition Calculator
Former West Point Program Student: Ben Showman
TAMU offered me the opportunity to learn from and be advised by world-class instructors while also being able to work with the Corps of Cadets. As a future instructor at West Point, I wanted to maximize my interactions with cadets while learning to teach in the field. I was able to be involved with student development through PEAP and to work with the Aggie Corp of Cadet Ranger Challenge Team. The ability to teach courses during the program was beneficial and relevant for my training.
This program exceeded my expectations in challenging and growing me academically and preparing me pedagogically for my current position. Instructors, on the whole, focused not simply on imparting information but on teaching their students to think critically and conceptually; essential skills for the professional in any field.
I completed my TAMU academic experience and now teach a Physical Education course at West Point.
Texas A&M offers a rich, holistic experience with a robust graduate Health & Kinesiology Department curriculum, a unique campus environment with a tradition in physical activity for health and performance, and the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets. The West Point MS track requires completion of 37 credit hours fit within a unique Summer, Fall, and Spring semester degree plan.
The Department of Health and Kinesiology’s M.S. in Kinesiology with an emphasis in West Point Faculty Development program offers the highest quality academic education that provides an in-depth scientific based approach with relevant content applications:
- Faculty dedicated to student success
- Small class sizes to allow individualized instruction and professional development
- Exposure to a very diverse but representative academic curriculum
- State of the art academic and athletic facilities
- An opportunity to teach/train select companies of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets
- Assist with the Corps of Cadets training for the notable Ranger Challenge
- Opportunity to prepare for viable National Strength & Conditioning Certifications
- Opportunity to prepare for select ISSN Sport Nutrition Certifications
- Opportunity to participate with select faculty conducting research
- Excellent program completion rate for all of our previous commissioned officers